The 2018 Midyear Meeting of Working Group 11 will be held at the Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, CA, on Thursday, September 13 – Friday, September 14, 2018. A welcome reception will be held on the evening of Wednesday, September 12, from 6-8 pm.
The meeting’s main focus will be on new brainstorming group outlines in need of WG11 member review and comment, including the following topics:
- Reasonable security test
- Transparency in AI systems
- U.S. judicial enforcement of orders entered under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In addition, the meeting will feature the following sessions:
- International data security and privacy developments: EU, South America, APAC and Canada
- Data security and privacy case law and regulatory update
- Data security and privacy under the new FTC commissioners
- Recent developments in data security & privacy in healthcare
- The California Consumer Privacy Act: What impacts can be expected on companies and consumers throughout the U.S.?
Hotel Room Information
We have obtained a very favorable room rate for WG11 members of $239 per night, plus tax. This favorable room rate is available for three nights preceding and three nights following the meeting, subject to availability. Our room block expires on August 13, 2018, so please register soon while rooms are available. Complete hotel reservation details will be provided with your meeting registration confirmation.