The St. Regis
The 2019 Annual Meeting of Working Group 11 will be held at the St. Regis in Houston, TX, on Thursday, February 28 – Friday, March 1, 2019. A welcome reception will be held at the hotel from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 27.
The meeting’s main focus will be on new drafts and brainstorming group outlines in need of WG11 member review and comment, including the following topics:
- Model data breach notification law
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) penalties
- Additional remedies for alleged Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act Section 5 violations in the data security and privacy context
- Data security and privacy challenges in artificial intelligence (AI) systems
- Reasonable security test
- U.S. judicial enforcement of orders entered under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Data security and privacy issues in civil litigation
In addition, the meeting will feature the following sessions:
- Advising clients with limited resources on cost-effective data security and privacy strategies
- Plaintiff’s bar roundtable
Please find the agenda below. Dialogue leaders will be announced soon.
Hotel Room Information
We have obtained a very favorable room rate for WG11 members of $235 per night, plus tax. The favorable room rate is available for three nights preceding and three nights following the meeting, subject to availability. Our room block expires on February 3, 2019, so please register while rooms are available. Complete hotel reservation details will be provided with your meeting registration confirmation.