The St. Regis
The 2019 Annual Meeting of Working Group 11 will be held at the St. Regis in Houston, TX, on Thursday, February 28 – Friday, March 1, 2019. A welcome reception will be held at the hotel from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 27.
The meeting’s main focus will be on new drafts and brainstorming group outlines in need of WG11 member review and comment, including the following topics:
- Model data breach notification law
- Data security and privacy challenges in artificial intelligence (AI) systems
- Reasonable security test
- U.S. judicial enforcement of orders entered under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Data security and privacy issues in civil litigation
In addition, the meeting will feature the following sessions:
- Advising clients with limited resources on cost-effective data security and privacy strategies
- Plaintiff’s bar roundtable
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) penalties
- Additional remedies for alleged Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act Section 5 violations in the data security and privacy context
Please find the agenda and dialogue leaders below.
In addition to the agenda found below, please find a detailed agenda, with descriptions of each session, here.