Four Seasons Hotel
Montreal, QC, Canada
The 2019 Midyear Meeting of Working Group 11 will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel, in Montreal, QC, on Wednesday-Thursday, September 18-19, 2019. A welcome reception will be held on the evening of Tuesday, September 17, from 6-8 pm.
The meeting’s main focus will be on new drafts and brainstorming group outlines in need of WG11 member review and comment, including the following topics:
- Proactive privacy and security governance: Complying with global data privacy and security regulations
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): Defining and measuring statutory damages under U.S. privacy laws
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) model transparency: Core principles in promoting transparency of AI and algorithms
- Model data breach notification principles
In addition, the meeting will feature the following sessions:
- Data security and privacy case law update
- Government agency roundtable
- Examining proposals for data transfers out of Canada
Please find the complete agenda, with session descriptions, below. Dialogue leaders can also be found below.
Hotel Room Information
We have obtained a very favorable room rate for WG11 members of $345 CAD (approx. $259 USD) per night, plus tax. For those who want to arrive early or extend their stay, the favorable room rate is available for three nights preceding and three nights following the meeting but subject to availability, so please book early. Our room block expires on August 25, 2019. After that date, room availability is not guaranteed. Complete hotel reservation details will be provided with your meeting registration confirmation.