Penha Longa Hotel
The Third Annual Sedona Conference® International Programme on Cross-Border Discovery & Data Privacy will be held 22-23 June at the Penha Longa Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort (30 minutes from the Lisbon airport, along the beautiful Estoril Coastal region of Portugal) to tackle the timely and important issues regarding harmonization of cross-border discovery and data protection laws.
This programme will provide practical guidance on minimizing the risk and cost of processing and transferring information in cross-border litigation and regulatory matters. An internationally renowned faculty has been drawn from Data Protection Authorities, the European Commission (invited), U.S. Courts, the U.S. Departments of State and Commerce, and leading data privacy and discovery counsel.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Data Privacy & Discovery/Disclosure: The Conundrum
- Recent Developments in Privacy Regulation
- Global Case Law Update on Data Privacy & Cross-Border Discovery
- The Future of the EU Data Privacy Directive & Its Global Impact
- Overview of The Sedona Conference International Principles for Cross-Border Discovery & Data Privacy
- Preservation & Transfers of Data in Dispute Resolution, Cross-Border & Onward
- International ADR & Cross-Border Discovery
- Practical Application of The Sedona Conference International Principles for Cross-Border Discovery & Data Privacy
This programme provides a unique, dialogue-based forum for those wrestling with these issues to engage in cutting-edge discussion with data privacy authorities, government officials, leading jurists, corporate counsel, and private practitioners.