The Sedona Conference
Terms of Service and Use Agreement
Updated: September 24, 2010
KEY ELEMENTS IN THIS AGREEMENT
- In all discussion forums on The Sedona Conference web site, “The Sedona Rules” apply: To assure free and full discussion, users agree that they will not copy the content of any discussion forum or thread for publication outside of The Sedona Conference web site, nor quote the content of any discussion forum or thread in any other medium.
- The Sedona Conference does not allow users to post or link to any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise unlawful material.
- Commercial use of The Sedona Conference web site is strictly prohibited. No promotion or advertising of events, services, or products is permitted without the express permission of The Sedona Conference.
- The Sedona Conference does not allow users to post or link to notices seeking or offering employment on this web site.
- The Sedona Conference reserves the right to edit or delete submissions that it, in its sole discretion, it deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable.
- All material appearing on The Sedona Conference web site is Copyright © The Sedona Conference®, unless expressly identified otherwise. Users agree that that all contributions to the discussion forums or threads shall be considered “works for hire” within the meaning of Section 101 of the 1976 Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §101).
- General Rules
Welcome to The Sedona Conference web site. This service has been created to provide you with educational publications, access to discussion forums, the ability to register for Sedona Conference events, purchase Sedona Conference materials, and -- for members of The Sedona Conference Working Group Series -- the ability to participate in online Working Group activities. By using this service, you agree to be bound by the Terms of Service and Use in this Agreement. We reserve the right to change these Terms of Service and Use or to impose new conditions on use of this site, from time to time, in which case we will post the revised Terms of Service and Use on this website and update the date to reflect the date of the changes. By continuing to use this site after we post any such changes, you accept the Terms of Service and Use, as modified. We also reserve the right to deny access to the site or any features of the site to anyone who violates these Terms of Service and Use or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our website or infringes the rights of others. If any of the Terms of Service and Use are unacceptable to you, you may cancel your registration or membership by sending an email to [email protected].
The contents of The Sedona Conference web site are intended for your personal, noncommercial use. All material published on this web site is protected by copyrights owned or controlled by The Sedona Conference or the party credited as provider of the material. You shall abide by all copyright restrictions associated with any material accessed through this service. You may download or copy material accessed through this service for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any materials for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from The Sedona Conference or any other the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice associated with that material. If you wish to request permission to reprint or distribute any material found on this site, please refer to [link to reprint permissions page]. This site has been specially designed for the presentation of materials in a unique format and with a unique appearance to our users. We are concerned about the integrity of our service when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with our materials. You agree that neither you nor any third party shall make use of the materials found on this site in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, including copyright, or that has not been authorized by us. Just as we require users to respect our copyrights and those of our members and contributors, we respect the copyrights of others. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on our site without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us at [email protected]. Any personal information you provide in your email will be used only for purposes related to your email.
- User-Generated Content
We encourage you to take advantage of the discussion forums to exchange ideas with other users of this service. If you submit comments or materials to this service, please observe the following rules:
- By making a submission, you are consenting to its display on the site. You acknowledge that The Sedona Conference reserves the right to edit, modify, or remove any submission.
- You will not upload, link, distribute, or otherwise publish on this service any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise unlawful material.
- You will be courteous. You agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other users, use defamatory language, or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or "spam."
- Your submission will not contain legal advice, nor will you consider any other users’ submissions to contain legal advice.
- You acknowledge that this service shall be used only in a noncommercial manner. You shall not, without the express approval of The Sedona Conference, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any advertising, solicitation of funds, or solicitation for goods or services.
- You will use respectful language. Like any community, the online conversation flourishes only when our users feel welcome and safe. You agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the service.
- You will engage in dialogue, not debate or attack. In a community full of opinions and preferences, people will disagree. The Sedona Conference encourages spirited dialogue but personal attacks are a direct violation of these Terms of Service and are grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the service.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your submissions. While The Sedona Conference does not and cannot review every submission and is not responsible for the content of these messages, The Sedona Conference reserves the right to delete, move, or edit submissions that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable.
- You agree that your submissions to The Sedona Conference web site are “works for hire” within the meaning of Section 101 of the 1976 Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §101). The Sedona Conference claims copyright to the entire content of The Sedona Conference web site (except material expressly identified otherwise), which includes without limitation the right for The Sedona Conference to use, copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, modify and adapt (including without limitation the right to adapt to streaming, downloading, broadcast, mobile, digital, thumbnail, scanning or other technologies) the material appearing on this web site in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed.
- Representations and Warranties
The Sedona Conference does not provide legal advice or representation. No material accessed through this service, including the submissions of users, should be considered legal advice. The Sedona Conference does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the Service by any user, information provider or any other person or entity. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk.
By using this service, you represent that no materials of any kind submitted through your account will violate, plagiarize, or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights. You hereby indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Sedona Conference, its officers, directors, employees, sponsors, and contributors, from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees, incurred in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you or any user of your account of these Terms of Service and Use and that you shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim.
As part of the registration process, you will be assigned a Member ID and Password. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You shall notify [email protected] of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password or credit card information. You are responsible for all usage or activity on your Sedona Conference web site user account, including use of the account by any third party authorized by you to use your Member ID and password. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise unlawful activity may be grounds for termination of your account, at the sole discretion of The Sedona Conference.
You may terminate your account at any time by sending e-mail to [email protected]. Upon termination, you will receive an automated confirmation via e-mail that the request was received, and your access will be suspended within 24 hours. You are responsible for any and all use of your account up to the time the account is deactivated. The Sedona Conference, at its sole discretion, may terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Service for any reason, including, without limitation, breach or assignment of these Terms of Service and Use.
These Terms of Service and Use shall be construed and enforced in accordance with Arizona law. Any action to enforce these Terms of Service and Use shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in Phoenix, Arizona.