InterContinental Toronto Yorkville Hotel
The Fourth Annual Sedona Conference International Programme on Cross-Border Discovery & Data Privacy will be held 20-21 June, 2012, at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville Hotel in Toronto, Canada, to continue our dialogue to find practical solutions to harmonize cross-border discovery and data protection laws.
This invitation-only programme is by and for the benefit of data protection and privacy experts, regulators, attorneys, judges, commissioners, and academicians from around the world. It will provide practical guidance on mitigating the risk and cost of processing and transferring data in cross-border litigation and regulatory matters. An internationally renowned faculty has been drawn from Data Protection Authorities, US and Canadian Courts, the US Dept. of State, Chief Privacy Officers, and leading data privacy and discovery counsel.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Exploration of public comments received to The Sedona Conference® International Principles on Discovery, Disclosure, and Data Protection
- The newly proposed Regulation amending the EU Data Protection Directive
- Canada Data Protection Requirements and Whether The International Principles Sufficiently Address the Canadian Data Protection Regime
- Our first-ever Data Protection Officer Roundtable on Cross-Border Processing and Transfers
- Emerging Data Protection Challenges
- Global Case Law Update on Data Protection and Discovery
- Privacy, Security & Surveillance: Contradictions in the Cloud
- Emerging Data Protection Issues & Developments.
This programme will provide a unique, dialogue-based forum for those wrestling with these issues to engage in cutting-edge discussion with data privacy authorities, government officials, leading jurists, corporate counsel and corporate privacy officers, and private practitioners.
If you are a member of our International Working Group (WG6), we are having our annual meeting on Friday, 22 June, from 8:30-13:00 - there is a place to indicate during the registration if you are a Working Group Series member and intend to join us for the members-only meeting as well.
The registration fee for this programme is still only $1,700 (US). We have reserved a block of rooms at the programme venue at a special Group Rate for a limited period of time. Details on how to make hotel reservations at the Group Rate are provided with registration confirmations.