L'Auberge Del Mar
The 14th Annual Sedona Conference® on Patent Litigation will focus on damages and remedies issues.
On the damages side, we will explore issues relating to:
- Alternative approaches to Georgia-Pacific
- The EMV rule and apportionment
- RAND considerations and how to treat settlements from a comparability standpoint; and related matters. On the remedies side, we will address issues relating to
- Injunctions and alternatives to injunctive relief and enhanced damages and awarding attorney fees.
- Lastly, we also plan to explore the best practices for handling patent damages and remedies matters during the pretrial phase of the litigation as well as during trial of these issues.
The Sedona Conference Working Group on Patent Damages & Remedies ("WG9") will be completing the public comment version of its Commentary on Patent Damages & Remedies before the Conference; this conference will be the first opportunity to preview and critique the work prior to its publication in final form.
A top-flight faculty of patent litigators, including outside counsel and in-house counsel, and judges, sitting on successive panels, will lead the dialogue with conference participants. The Conference faculty includes the chief editors of the Commentary, who are uniquely situated to lead the dialogue at the Conference on the topics covered in the Commentary.
The Sedona Conference is applying for 660 minutes of MCLE accreditation.
The conference will be held at the L’Auberge Del Mar, located at 1540 Camino Del Mar, in Del Mar, CA.
We have a group rate for lodging at the conference hotel. The group rate will apply 3 days pre and post the blocked dates, subject to availability.