San Francisco, CA
Hastings College of the Law
The Sedona Conference, the pre-eminent thought leader in eDiscovery, proudly presents a regional program on Cross-Border Discovery and Data Protection Laws. The conference is being held in conjunction with Sedona’s Working Group 6 on International Electronic Information Management, Discovery and Disclosure.
Co-chairs Amor Esteban of Shook, Hardy & Bacon, LLP and David Moncure of Shell Oil Company, along with an all-star faculty of judges, practitioners, and in-house counsel, will lead a spirited “Sedona-style” dialogue focused on private civil litigation and government enforcement actions that explore the following core themes:
- The “Snowden effect,” or how the recent revelations concerning U.S. government activity have impacted the development of data protection laws outside the U.S.
- The perspectives of U.S. judges and E.U. data protection experts on the latest cross-border discovery issues, proposed regulations and emerging data privacy issues.
- Practical advice on how to develop protocols that best comply with international discovery obligations in the face of the ever-changing litigation, regulatory and political environments.
We are applying for advance accreditation for 7.25 hours of MCLE credit.
The University of California Hastings College of the Law is at 200 McAllister St., San Francisco, CA 94102, approximately 13.4 miles / 20 minutes from San Francisco International Airport.
Below is the list of nearby hotels:
- The Palace: 2 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94105, (415) 512-1111
- The Westin St. Francis: 335 Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, (415) 397-7000
- Omni San Francisco Hotel: 500 California St, San Francisco, CA 94104, (415) 677-9494
- Four Seasons Hotels San Francisco: 757 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103, (415) 633-3000
- The St Regis San Francisco: 125 3rd St, San Francisco, CA 94103, (415) 284-4000