Hastings College of the Law
Please join us at the Working Group 10 ("WG10") Midyear Meeting in San Francisco. Leading jurists and patent practitioners formed WG10 to develop best practices and recommendations for patent litigation case management last year. This meeting will be a continuation of the dialogue from our September 2013 Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. and will focus on the draft chapters of the Patent Litigation Best Practices document that the WG10 drafting teams have been working on since the summer:
- Case Management from a Judicial Perspective
- Summary Judgment
- Use of Experts, Daubert, and Motions in Limine
- Parallel USPTO Proceedings
The meeting will also focus on two new draft chapters:
- Introduction - Patent Litigation Best Practices: A Matter for Congress or for Bench and Bar?
We need your input to help determine what additional chapters WG10 should consider drafting, and what further initiatives TSC should consider pursuing in the patent litigation space.
We encourage the drafting teams to consider meeting in person after the program concludes at 1:00 PM on Friday, April 11 to plan how they will incorporate the comments from the dialogue into the draft chapters.
This meeting is an essential step toward bringing the current WG10 Patent Litigation Best Practices draft chapters to publication for public comment in mid-2014, and toward making sure the voices of practicing judges, parties to litigation, and patent litigators are part of the current discussion regarding patent litigation reform.
We are applying for 10.75 hours of MCLE credit.
The University of California Hastings College of the Law is at 200 McAllister St., San Francisco, CA 94102, approximately 13.4 miles / 20 minutes from San Francisco International Airport.
Below is the list of nearby hotels:
- The Palace: 2 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94105, (415) 512-1111
- The Westin St. Francis: 335 Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, (415) 397-7000
- Omni San Francisco Hotel: 500 California St, San Francisco, CA 94104, (415) 677-9494
- Four Seasons Hotels San Francisco: 757 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103, (415) 633-3000
- The St Regis San Francisco: 125 3rd St, San Francisco, CA 94103, (415) 284-4000
We will have a meet and greet from 5:30-7:30 PM on Wednesday, April 9, and a reception from 5:00-7:00 PM on Thursday, April 10. Both will be held at The Hastings College of Law.
The meeting begins at 7:30 AM Thursday, April 10 with a continental breakfast and registration, and ends at 1 PM Friday, April 11.
Space will be provided for drafting teams to convene on Friday afternoon, incorporate the comments from the dialogue, and work toward a final draft of their chapters.