Rancho Bernardo Inn
Wednesday, March 16, 6:00 pm to 8 pm - Welcome Reception
The most significant amendments to discovery under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure in a generation went into effect on December 1, 2015. In just the two months, more than 20 reported federal court decisions have construed the amended Rule 1 on cooperation, Rule 26 on proportionality, and Rule 37(e) on sanctions. Are you prepared for how your practice could (and should) change? Are you prepared to explain these changes to your client and incorporate them in your dialogue with opposing counsel and the court? As in-house counsel, do you understand how expectations and even budgeting might change?
In this two-day program, we continue The Sedona Conference Institute’s decade-long reputation for presenting cutting edge, practical, and balanced training for eDiscovery lawyers, in-house legal personnel, eDiscovery service providers, and electronic records management professionals. Among the topics to be explored in depth will be:
- The 2015 amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, with practical advice on implementing proportionality, propounding and responding to document requests, and avoiding sanctions Recent state and federal eDiscovery case law, in light of the new Rules
- How to comply with the new requirements for specificity in objections to document requests, and to serve and respond to “early” document requests
- Planning and budgeting for preservation of electronically stored information
- How to use technology to achieve proportionality in cases of all sizes
- Representing clients responsibly and ethically in the digital world and, as always, the storied TSCI Judicial Roundtable
Attendance at the annual TSCI program has always been limited to assure the greatest degree of audience participation and dialogue with the faculty, and every year the program sells out. We have obtained a very favorable group rate of $249 per night (plus tax) for a limited block of rooms on the evenings of Wednesday and Thursday. Please note - the hotel is sold out for Thu 3/17 and close to selling out Wed 3/16 and Fri 3/18. Below are three other inns nearby:
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Marriott Courtyard
We hope to see you in San Diego!