Loews Atlanta Hotel
Wednesday, October 26, 6 pm - Welcome Reception
The Sedona Conference Working Group on Electronic Document Retention & Production (WG1) 2016 Annual Meeting will be held at the Loews Atlanta Hotel in Atlanta, GA, on Thursday, October 27 – Friday, October 28, 2016. Please note that there will be a welcome reception on Wednesday evening, October 26.
We have obtained a very favorable group rate at the Loews Atlanta Hotel of $229 per night (plus tax) for a limited block of rooms on the evenings of Wednesday, October 26th and Thursday, October 27th. There are also a limited number of rooms available at the prevailing government rate. This room block expires on Monday, September 26th. For those who wish to arrive early, leave late, or otherwise extend their stay, the group rate is available for three days preceding and three days following the dates of the room block, but subject to room availability. Accordingly, if you wish to book for additional nights, you should do so as soon as possible. Reservation information will be provided in your registration confirmation email.
This annual meeting will include in-depth sessions that focus on the practical application of the December 1, 2015, Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure as they reach their one-year anniversary. In each of these sessions, we will examine case law and developments relating to the Rules, discuss how counsel are adjusting their practices, as well as the implications for Sedona’s commentaries in progress or what Sedona should be doing in terms of further thought leadership.
The three sessions on the Amended Rules will cover:
- Cooperation and Proportionality in Discovery
- Rules 1, 16, and 26 Formulating and Responding to Requests for ESI
- Rule 34 Preservation and Sanctions for the Loss of ESI
- Rule 37(e) In addition, this annual meeting will include the following sessions
- Proposed Amendments to Federal Rules of Evidence 803 and 902 Dialogue on Diversity and the Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession Information Governance and Sedona’s Plan to Provide Guidance
- The Sedona Judicial Roundtable on Developments in eDiscovery Ethical Duties to Protect Confidential Client Information from CyberThreats
We hope to see you in Atlanta.