The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge
The Sedona Conference and its Working Group on Electronic Document Retention and Production (WG1) are very pleased to announce that the WG1 2019 Midyear Meeting will be held at the Ballantyne Hotel in Charlotte, NC, on May 2–3, 2019, with a welcome reception scheduled for May 1, beginning at 5:30pm. The Midyear Meeting will be a critical step in moving WG1’s work product forward as several drafts will be ready for review and discussion. The agenda includes the following session topics:
- ESI Evidence & Admissibility
- Managing eDiscovery in Small Cases
- Artificial Intelligence and Its Use in Litigation
- Cross-border Data Transfer Mechanisms
- Crafting eDiscovery Requests with Reasonable Specificity
- Privilege and Privilege Logging
- Diversity Awareness and Its Unique Benefits to eDiscovery
- eDiscovery Case Law Update
And the ever-popular Judicial Roundtable will provide observations from the bench led by the following confirmed judges:
- Hon. Jerome B. Abrams, State District Court Judge, First Judicial District of Minnesota
- Hon. Iain D. Johnston, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Northern District of Illinois
- Hon. Katharine H. Parker, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Southern District of New York
- Hon. Andrew J. Peck (ret.), DLA Piper
- Hon. Karen Wells Roby, Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge, Eastern District of Louisiana
- Hon. Thomas I. Vanaskie (ret.), JAMS
We are applying for MCLE credit for all sessions.
We have obtained a very favorable room rate at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge of $289 per night (plus tax) for a limited block of rooms on the evenings of May 1st and May 2nd. There are also a limited number of rooms available at the prevailing government rate. This room block expires on April 8, 2019. For those who wish to arrive early, leave late, or otherwise extend their stay, the group rate is available for three days preceding and three days following the dates of the room block, but subject to room availability. Accordingly, if you wish to book for additional nights, you should do so as soon as possible. Reservation information will be provided in your meeting registration confirmation email.
We hope to see you in Charlotte!