The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge
The Sedona Conference and its Working Group on Electronic Document Retention and Production (WG1) are very pleased to announce that the WG1 2019 Midyear Meeting will be held at the Ballantyne Hotel in Charlotte, NC, on May 2–3, 2019, with a welcome reception scheduled for May 1, beginning at 5:30pm. The Midyear Meeting will be a critical step in moving WG1’s work product forward as several drafts will be ready for review and discussion. The agenda includes the following session topics:
- ESI Evidence & Admissibility
- Managing eDiscovery in Small Cases
- Artificial Intelligence and Its Use in Litigation
- Cross-border Data Transfer Mechanisms
- Crafting eDiscovery Requests with Specificity
- Privilege and Privilege Logging
- Diversity Awareness and Its Unique Benefits to eDiscovery
- eDiscovery Case Law Update
And the ever-popular Judicial Roundtable will provide observations from the bench led by the following confirmed judges:
- Hon. Jerome B. Abrams, State District Court Judge, First Judicial District of Minnesota
- Hon. Iain D. Johnston, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Northern District of Illinois
- Hon. Katharine H. Parker, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Southern District of New York
- Hon. Andrew J. Peck (ret.), DLA Piper
- Hon. Karen Wells Roby, Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge, Eastern District of Louisiana
- Hon. Thomas I. Vanaskie (ret.), JAMS
We are applying for 10.5 hours of CLE credit. The Sedona Conference is also an IAPP approved CPE provider.
Our room block rate at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge has expired and we have been advised that the hotel is currently booked May 1st and May 2nd. However, there are a number of other hotels in the area, but please check availability prior to registering for the meeting as meeting registration fees are nonrefundable. Thank you.
We hope to see you in Charlotte!