Rancho Bernardo Inn
Sunday, Sept 17, 6:00 pm to 8 pm - Welcome Reception
The 2017 Midyear Meeting of The Sedona Conference Working Group on Data Security and Privacy Liability (WG11) will be held at the Rancho Bernardo Inn in San Diego, California, on Monday-Tuesday, September 18-19, 2017. A welcome reception will be held on the evening of Sunday, September 17, from 6-8 pm.
The meeting’s focus will be on new and updated work product in need of WG11 member review and comment, including:
- The first draft of a commentary on data security and privacy issues in civil litigation
- The first draft of a commentary on law firm data security
- The latest draft of a commentary on privilege in the data security litigation context
- The latest draft of a commentary on reasonable or unreasonable data security measures
- A brainstorming group outline on legal issues in cloud computing
In addition, the meeting will feature a federal agency roundtable. International developments in the field of data security and privacy issues will also be discussed, and the data security and privacy implications of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and Blockchain will be the focus of dialogue.
We have obtained a very favorable room rate for WG11 members of $239 per night, plus tax. This favorable room rate is available for three nights preceding and three nights following the meeting, subject to standard guestroom availability. Our room block expires on Friday, August 25, 2017, so please register soon while rooms are available. Complete hotel reservation details will be provided with your meeting registration confirmation.