The 2018 Working Group 1 Annual Meeting will be held at the Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, CA, on Thursday, October 25 - Friday, October 26, 2018. Please note that there will be a welcome reception on Wednesday evening, October 24. Join us in moving the law forward. Contribute to the dialogue in 5 separate sessions covering the newest written work product from these brainstorming groups/drafting teams:
- eDiscovery Best Practices for Small Cases(new brainstorming group)
- ESI Evidence & Admissibility(new drafting team)
- Litigating at the Intersection of Sedona Principle 6 and Cooperation & Transparency(drafting team)
- Not Reasonably Accessible Sources of ESI(drafting team)
- Rule 45 Subpoenas and Nonparty Discovery(drafting team)
Don’t miss out on these favorites:
- eDiscovery Case Law Update
- Judicial Roundtable
Additional session topics include:
- Optimizing the Attorney-Client Relationship: In-house counsel discuss practical approaches and ethical considerations in handling eDiscovery.
- Evolving Challenges: Communications in the cloud.
For more details regarding the agenda, which includes 9 substantive sessions, click on the Agenda tab below. We are applying for 10.5 hours of CLE credit, including 1.25 hours of Ethics. As dialogue leaders are confirmed, we will add them to this program page. We have obtained a very favorable room rate at The Loews Hollywood Hotel of $239 per night (plus tax & fees) for a limited block of rooms on the evenings of October 24th and October 25th. There are also a limited number of rooms available at the prevailing government rate. This room block expires on September 22nd. For those who wish to arrive early, leave late, or otherwise extend their stay, the group rate is available for three days preceding and three days following the dates of the room block, but subject to room availability. Accordingly, if you wish to book for additional nights, you should do so as soon as possible. Reservation information will be provided in your meeting registration confirmation email.We hope to see you in Los Angeles!