Time zone: Pacific Daylight Time
Location: The Benson Hotel, Portland, Oregon
Registration Now Open!
Registration is now open for the 2023 Midyear Meeting of The Sedona Conference Working Group 1on Electronic Document Retention and Production (WG1). The meeting will take place on Thursday, April 27, and Friday, April 28, at The Benson Hotel in Portland, Oregon. A welcome reception will precede the meeting on Wednesday, April 26, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
The agenda will include the following confirmed session topics:
- ESI Case Law in 2023: Key Trends and Developments
- Voices from the Bench: The Judicial Perspective for 2023 and Beyond
- Federal Rules Update with Hon. Robin L. Rosenberg, Chair, Advisory Committee on Civil Rules
- Is It Time to Rethink Possession, Custody, or Control?: Brainstorming Group Report
- Mobile Device Discovery--Challenges and Guidance: Brainstorming Group Report
- Ethical Obligations in ESI Disclosure and Negotiation
- Recovering the Costs of eDiscovery
- What Artificial Intelligence Can Teach Us about Human Biases
- ESI Protocols in 2023: What Works, What Does Not, and How to Move Forward
Further details on the agenda and confirmed dialogue leaders will be announced in the coming days.
We have obtained a very favorable group room rate at The Benson of $189 per night (plus tax) for a limited block of rooms on the evenings of April 26-27. Some rooms will be available at the Government Rate for WG1 attendees who are government employees. The group rate will be available for three days preceding and three days following the dates of the room block, subject to standard guestroom availability. The hotel is holding this limited block of rooms until March 26, after which any unsold rooms will be released for sale to the general public. After March 26, rooms will be subject to availability. Reservation information will be provided in your meeting registration confirmation email.
To attend the meeting or participate in any of The Sedona Conference’s Working Group Series (WGS) activities, you must be a WGS member. For details on membership, please click here.
We look forward to seeing you in Portland!
The Sedona Conference will seek CLE accreditation for this event in selected jurisdictions, as dictated by attendance.