The 2021 Annual Meeting of Working Group 11 on Data Security and Privacy Liability (WG11) will be held online on Wednesday-Thursday, April 14-15, 2021.
The meeting’s primary focus will be on new brainstorming group outlines in need of WG11 member review and comment, including the following topics:
- Interpreting and applying “risk-of-harm” triggers in breach notification statutes
- Privilege Commentary, Second Edition
In addition, the meeting will feature the following sessions:
- Federal preemption of U.S. state privacy and data security statutes: What are the dividing lines?
- COVID-19 related data collection and processing: Navigating the potential conflict between public health needs and privacy and data security mandates
- What are the legal and policy bases and considerations for and against outright bans of facial recognition technology?
- WG11 town hall
The Sedona Conference will seek CLE accreditation in accordance with rules and regulations set forth by individual jurisdictions for virtual meetings. Various state MCLE authorities require that we verify your live, active participation throughout the program.